Eye of the 'Storm
Updated 8th September 2021
Updates on Refunds
Since we published the guidance on rolled over tickets and packages we have had several requests regarding refunds and we have therefore had to review what we had put in place and recognise that there IS a need fro us to provide refunds for those that request it. Please see the relevant section below
The update covers winners of StormBreakers and the announcement of COVID Passport requirements for events. We have left the narrative here from the Stonedead Festival trip.
The Stonedead visit wasn't on any official business but it impacted in some most unexpected ways.
What it did immediately on arrival was emphasise the power of live (rock) music to heal scars. It was quite clearly cathartic for so many and that was number one.
Number two was the power of stubbornness in overcoming adversity. The organisers had hell to deal with - COVID restrictions and on site health being just the tip of the iceberg; line up changes on an industrial scale; headliners cancelling less than seven days out, stages not arriving, equipment malfunctions and a whole lot more no doubt.
The result however was, that in spite of the challenges, the difficulties, the stresses and strains, the show went ahead and the audience were behind them all the way. The sun shone, the bands played, the arena rocked and everyone left to head home just a little bit happier again.
So, that's what we learned.
- Live Music and camaraderie heal
- Adversity will be met full on and battered around the heid!
So that means we will be pushing forward 100% and over the next few days will move take some of the lessons we learned an put them into practice to ensure that someone somewhere can write something similar about WinterStorm three months today! We plan to update the website and mail out all ticketholders for tomorrow evening but if there is a summary of decisions to come out of the weekend these are maybe the key ones.
Well just as you think you've got the logistics in place you get COVID Passports! The core information below remains the same but the key change has been the confirmation this week that The Scottish Governemnt will be following suit with the UK government and introducing a COVID Passport Scheme. WinterStorm will be affected by this decision but in practice we're not sure that it is going to change much of what was already planned. The devil as always is in the detail and we will wait till we get the full scheme confirmed before updating fully.
Line Up Changes
The first confirmed announcement was the addition of the winners from The 'StormBreakers final at The Dreadnought. On the night Bad Actress came out top and as a result they will be opening main stage in November, with both White Raven Down and Fallen Mafia on our Sessions Stage.
We have also been made aware of a couple changes likely to be confirmed this week. Line up changes will be mapped out this week and once that has been confirmed we will then release the limited Day Tickets next week.
Capacity and Safety
We have always tried to ensure that WinterStorm has never felt particularly crowded but for a greater sense of safety and reassurance we are reducing our overall capacity for 2021. Some of this will be in the reduction of complimentary guest tickets but it also means that as of tonight we have 100 less tickets on sale. This impacts on our revenue clearly but it also immediately means that tickets are closer to selling out than ever! We have 62 weekend tickets available!
These points are for guidance and reflect our policy should the event be taking place tomorrow. It goes without saying that this will change over the coming weeks both in terms of Scottish Government Gudiance and our own operating procedures.
- UPDATE 5th September | COVID Passports will be required for the event. The details have not been published yet but we expect them soon.
- We are planning to ask for lateral flow tests but this is IF the event was tomorrow. We will do this for assurance of the majority and we do not believe that it is a big price to pay.
- Ensure masks are worn when entering, departing and moving around the building. Masks do not have to be worn on the concert hall floor or at the bar or when holding your drink. This is current policy in Scotland but its reviewed every three weeks. We will therefore reflect updates here and apply sensibly.
- Hand Sanitisers will be in place on arrival and departure at the hall and in strategic positions at all traffic flow areas.
- We will have dedicated 'StormTroopers trained to ensure sufficient cleaning during the event. All bar and catering, security and front of house staff will similarly be trained ahead of the event on achieving the standards required in all service areas.
- Ventilation will be increased, where possible with open doors and windows where it does not impact security and safety.
- One way systems will be designated for the bar and food service areas but to be honest this is the process anyway so you may not notice any difference. Access and exit to the Sessions Room will be to the left of the stairs.
Bands and Line Up
We have no changes to announce at the moment. Are there going to be any? Almost guaranteed! We will meet the challenges as they come up and will provide the very best that we can. The current line up is available by clicking on the links below.
There is a possibility that we may reduce the number of main stage acts by one each day to allow more time and physical space for band change overs. It is an incredibly small stage area with no backstage to work with and this is for the health and safety of the backstage staff, bands and crew.
- Sunday 5th September | Day splits announced and 25 only day tickets released for each day
- Friday 1st October | Full timings announced for both stages and After the 'Storm on the Sunday afternoon
Accommodation and Tickets
We have reduced the number of tickets available by 100 to ensure a sense of space and security. This will impact us directly but we believe it is the right thing to do at this stage and we will continue to keep under review as guidance is updated.
- There are 62 weekend tickets left - if we increase capacity we will drip feed these back into the system but this is an accurate number.
- We have 25 day tickets only on sale for a limited period only from 1st of Ocrober. Any unsold by the 22nd of October will be put back into the weekend pool
- There are forty tickets left for the After the 'Storm seated acoustic. This will be restricted to advance tickets only and we will not be selling last minute tickets for this one.
- All those who used the direct debit payment method will be contacted in the next few weeks and we will clarify any balances before the end of September. We will at the same time get t-shirt sizes for all those due one as part of their package.
- There are limited room packages available but they are very limited - eight rooms across all of our partner hotels only. We'll invoice balances eight weeks out. Balances are payable for hotel packages six weeks out.
- All Tickets and accommodation vouchers will be sent four weeks out with full set timings and programme.
We have unsurprisingly had an increased number of requests for camper van slots and we are actively sourcing an area for these. Updates will follow but email us if you think you may need one.
For the record we can confidently confirm that we have had no requests for camping pitches!
Refunds and Rollover
We believe that we have tried to be as honourable and fair as we can with refunds and rollovers and we would prefer if everyone was commited to rolling over tickets should they not wish to attend bt we recognise that some will not or cannot do so and therefore we will be offering refunds for anyone who requires one with no questions asked until Sunday 19th of September.
In return for asking no questions we would respectfully point out that we do not need to hear any opinions on "medical apartheid", "discrimination" and "breaches of the Nuremberg Code"!
Simply say, "Can I please request a refund." give us your name and address, email address and how you booked and we will process your refund less booking fees or DD charges within 48 hours.
We respect the right of every WinterStorm ticket holder to hold opinions on everything under the sun. It is NOT our role to be judgemental but nor do we need to know the politics of any refund requests!!
- Ticket refunds will be honoured until SUNDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER and unequivocally no later for any reason other than event cancellation. Please respect the challenges facing us over this issue.
- Tickets can rollover to 2022 currently at the price paid. We are looking at a supplement to cover increased costs since the pricing of the 2020 event but if this is the unacceptable to the ticketholder a full refund will be offered. The rollover option must be triggered by Sunday 26th September at the very latest. We cannot make any exceptions.
- Ticket and accommodation packages can be carried over to 2022 but a hotel supplement will apply as we will be paying 2022 hotel rates.
- We will be managing a ticket resellers area on the website if the 2021 event is sold out.
- There will be a process in place for any ticketholders who are positive on the LFT test ahead of arrival to allow these tickets to rollover with the above conditions applying.
We need to get this right this year so that every one of you will buy something!
We are working on designs just now and will be putting these available for sale from 1st of October. Unsurprisingly we will be holding back on printing til as late as possible and this means that it is likely that ALL merch will be for collection on Friday on arrival with nothing being posted out in advance. If we can find a better way we will. It is also highly unlikely that we will carry any excess stock into the event and ask that you consider pre-ordering. We simply cannot afford to carry unsold stock.
During the 'Storm
We want to keep regulations to the minimum so we will provide a light touch approach and rely where possible on common sense. What will you notice? More bins if we are using single use glasses and we ask that nothing is dropped on the floor but binned.
Opening and closing times
Currently no changes are planned but we are looking at anything that can help with flows and this includes arrival.
Queues may be a little longer than usual to get in but we will staff up ahead of opening and carry out the LFT checks as we can in queues as we issue bands - we are looking at neighbouring weather protected areas where we can "band" guests up before they reach the concert hall to save time and cases of pneumonia!! This "pre processing" is our preferred option and obviously we will inform you of the location, timings and process when issuing the ticket and info packs in November.
Bar and Catering
We do not anticipate that you will notice any changes in operations. We have always tried to keep queueing to a minimum and that will clearly continue. Pricing and product updates will follow nearer the time but we'll still have the usual favourites - plenty of WinterStormer Pies and even more cask ales!
We are working through how we can keep you safe but still honour our commitment to reducing single use - we want to find a way of still using the reusable glasses but at worst we will use fully compostable alternatives if we can't.
This page will be updated every Sunday from now until the event with links to specific information as we have it.
Thank you for your patience. We are determined to make this WinterStorm the event each and everyone of you deserve.