Road Map thru the 'Storm

It is quite surreal that just over six months out we are having to map out an outline of what may or may not happen to WinterStorm if A, B, C or D occurs at the same time as 1, 2 or 3. However that's the world we currently populate and it's not likely to change much anytime soon so in the spirit of others we thought it was time to present our Roadmap thru the 'Storm

The variables and changes between now and WinterStorm V (198 days at the time of writing) make it impossible for any real impression of fact to be laid out before you so we can only make key assumptions and be honest about how we see things panning out but even so we still think it worthwhile.

Friday 28th August 2020

Friday 28th August 2020 is D Day.

At that point - at the very latest - will be the point where we make the final and absolute decision about WinterStorm V. Even if there is still some uncertainty you as travellers and ticket holders need to know and that will be our cut off date.

What we're not going to do is bullshit anyone. The variables that we are facing are not just relating to social distancing which if still in place is clearly the most important element; it is also about travel restrictions and flight cancellations for bands coming in from all over the world; it is about what hotels are able to offer in terms of services and facilities and most importantly it is about understanding what our audience actually want us to do. It is ultimately about doing the right thing.

On this date we will have three potential outcomes:

Outcome One | Event Going Ahead

The best possible outcome is that WinterStorm V will take place and we are planning it as normal with ongoing communications with the four outstanding slots to fill - they are still looking to be superb additions to the line up but as tours are now uncertain so are the final confirmations. We genuinely expect that as the situation become clearer the logistics for tours will be clearer and confirmations made. It is not likely that any further announcements will be made however without serious caveats. That is certainly the new normal.

On this date:

  • We will offer any ticketholder the option NOT to attend the event - there will be no pressure applied on anyone to keep a ticket should they personally be uncomfortable with attending. This will mean and unconditional refund or a ticket for the 2021 event.
  • We will outline any changes to operation procedures for the weekend relating to any distancing recommendations in place at the time
  • We will confirm the remainder of the line up for WinterStorm V
  • We will put day tickets on sale for Friday and Saturday
  • We will confirm additional support events, catering, packages and merchandise
  • We will also put tickets and hotel packages on sale for WinterBlues on 19th and 20th February 2021 with first line up announcements

Outcome Two | Event Being Postponed and Rescheduled

Should we be unable to hold WinterStorm in November we shall postpone it to the new dates of 19th and 20th of February 2021. The event will transfer over and we hope that the line up with it. Any changes will be announced as soon as we can do so and the After the 'Storm event will also move with it. WinterStorm V will take place in February 2021 with version six scheduled for 27th and 28th November 2021.

This date was earmarked originally as the dates for the first ever WinterBlues weekend but at this moment in time WinterStorm will take precedence over the plans for the blues weekend.

We have confirmed with all the hotels that should we need to postpone to the new dates that all accommodation currently booked will transfer over. You will need to do nothing further. Should you not be able to make the new dates you will be offered a full unconditional refund or can carry over your ticket to 27th to 29th November 2021 for the next scheduled WinterStorm.

On this date:

  • We will confirm the rescheduled WinterStorm V date of 19th and 20th February 2021
  • All tickets and accommodation packages will be transferred over to the new weekend
  • Confirmation will be sent to all pre booked tickets with information
  • All ticket holders will be offered the option of a full refund or a transfer of their ticket to the November 21 event.
  • WinterBlues would be formally rescheduled for February 2022

Outcome Three | Event Being Cancelled and not rescheduled

Should we be unable to hold WinterStorm in neither November 2020 nor February 2021 then we shall announce a cancellation. At this time a full refund option will be confirmed with the option of all ticket and package holders carrying their ticket over to the 2021 event over the weekend of 26th and 27th November 2021 at no additional cost. 2020 ticket prices will be held for all ticket holders.

On this date:

  • The event will be officially cancelled and all ticket and package holders contacted with proposals for 2021 and refunds

Bookings and Tickets

In summary

  • All hotel confirmations remain in place for November 2020 and will be transferred over to February should the dates be changed.
  • Full refunds of deposits paid will be offered should you not take up the change of dates or can be transferred over to WinterStorm 2021 in November.
  • All tickets monies are secured and refunds will be offered in full for both tickets paid in full or via the Storm Force Ten monthly payment scheme.
  • Refunds will not become available until the final decision is made on or before the 28th August 2020
  • Tickets remain on sale and any purchases made now are covered by the same rules above along with an caveats on line up at the time of purchase.


WinterStorm Rock Weekender
Ayrshire Business Hub
46 Bank Street
Irvine
Ayrshire
KA12 0LP

Tel: 01294 233713

Mailing List Sign Up

Sign up to The Plan B email mailing list to receive all the latest offers.

Sign up today!


Choose your Language